2013年9月21日星期六

I don't get as much respect as I used to



He admits that telling people he is a golfer isn't as macho as being a boxer.

"I don't get as much respect as I used to," said Anglin, who boxed at 165 pounds in the welterweight division. "That's OK, though. The competitive drive is still there. I still hate to lose."

Walker referred to his victory as his "second best all-time event."

"I would say this is up there with getting married, not quite that high," said Walker, 30, of Fort Lauderdale. "It is just an incredible experience. As far as golfing accomplishments, this is right up there with any of the collegiate wins I had. It is the most gratifying golf tournament that I have ever won."

Walker entered the final day with a three-shot lead over Jason Dollard, 33, of Delray Beach, and Chris Carlin, 20, of Davie. Walker closed out his round with a downhill 20-footer for birdie on No. 18 to clinch the title.

Walker finished with a 76 that round for a three-day 217 (70-71-76) and a two-shot win over Spencer Burson, 20, of Miami.

没有评论:

发表评论